At the beginning of December I took advantage of @OFRAcosmetics Black Friday Mystery Bag (#BFCM Edition Mystery Bag) that includes the gorgeous mini (5.5″ x 5″) SECRET GARDEN palette, 4 full-sized makeup products and 1 mini makeup product.
It was $35.40 for Black Friday and is now $50.00, with a value of $120.00—>so still a deal. I figured the palette alone was worth the price of this set, that it also included a cute pink faux leather zip-up makeup bag and a couple minis was just a bonus:
First, take a look at the SECRET GARDEN full-face palette. All the round pans are removable, secured magnetically, and refillable. The palette itself is lightweight, has a magnetic closure and is very compact—all good!
The top smallest circle shades are all eyeshadow colors, the bottom two medium rounds are a bronzer and blush, and the unmistakable center shade is one of Ofra’s famous highlighters in the shade BLISSFUL. With a pinky/purple focus, this color story is all sunlit tea garden vibes. Here are the hues!
TOP ROW (bottom row in the below pic)—
- ENIGMA: duochrome violet reddish purple
- WONDER: sheer golden pearl frost
- RIDDLE: faint, deep purple with really micro glitters
- DEEP PURPLE: matte powdery lavender
MIDDLE 2 SIDE HUES—
- GREEN LIGHT: matte medium avocado green
- TELL ME: pearly peach-tinged cream frost
BLUSH and CONTOUR SHADES—
- BLOSSOM: duo chrome cottoncandy blush with gold shift
- BROWN: rich, matte mocha coffee brown contour shade
- BLISSFUL: golden rose-toned highlight
THE 4 Full-sized products:
- Cleanse-It Off pack (pink): 100% cotton makeup remover sheets, particularly meant to remove stubborn liquid lipstick. These also contain Aloe Vera, so are a moisture boost too. A couple different ways you can use these: 1.) as just a lipstick remover, 2.) as a first swipe to remove all makeup, and just add some OFRA Instant Eye Makeup Remover to the cloth to finish off eye makeup residue OR 3.) as an additional full face step, after using cleanser, to add moisture.
- HD Volumizing Mascara in black: My first time using this mascara. It comes in a cool square tube. Benefits: lengthens, thickens, defines, doesn’t clump, lasts all day and removes with just warm water. I really like that the wand tip has small tines to grip and coat each lash.
- Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Verona & Lipliner in Chestnut: The liquid lipstick has a velvet finish, lasts up to 5 hours and looks great even without lip liner. Verona is a nude mocha brown with burgundy tones. Depending on your skin shade it will appear as a medium to dark nude shade. Ofra liquid lipsticks include Vitamin A and antioxidants for skin benefits and to prevent lips looking dried out or creasing. The Chestnut lipliner is matte and a more cool toned brown. Verona could instead be paired with a metallic bronze lip liner for an added bit of sparkle. At first I didn’t know if I would like the shade Verona but now I think it is perfect for winter.
- Makeup Fixer: A light, fine misting, non-aerosol setting spray with a clean scent. A couple spritzes over completed makeup provides all day hold. And, come on, if you already use setting spray then you know it is a MUST. 😉 This one is a sure thing.
- Here is a progression of one look with this full set:
- Lastly, the minis: tiny packets of single-use hand sanitizers (can’t have too many of these during Covid) and a purse friendly Vitamin C Cleanser (which I still need to try out).
This is a great value set from Ofra and I like that the palette includes color for a full face of makeup.
Do you have a favorite shade of OFRA highlighter? I also have a full size of SPACE BABY, which is more of a crystal white, that can provide a potentially blinding highlight (as buildable as the look calls for).
Hope everyone had a happy Christmas holiday. I’m ready for a great 2021!
Cheers Gorgeous! xo, Jen