I picked up this compact, petit palette from Milani directly. And, I do see that it is currently on sale from $19.99 to $10.99 on their site. This is a great collection of 12 matte and metallic shades, most of them are cool-toned.
In fact, I would say that there are maybe three that are more warm-toned, but the majority are cool. The mix of shades is perfect for creating a day or evening nude look. Plus, this little palette travels well with its hard case and snap closure.
Here are all the shades:
Most are mattes, with four metallics. The metallic shades are at the center top row and full third row. I like that the bottom three mattes are all dark enough to add real depth to a look or use along the lash lines.
Here is one look idea (pardon the damp hair):
- Starting with the crease, I layered Bare It All, and Tan-Tation.
- Then, I gave the full eyelid a dusting of the lightest shade: In The Buff, followed by applying metallic Diamonds & Pearls with a fingertip to the tear duct.
3. I again used Diamonds & Pearls for a new layer on the inner half of the lid.
4. Plus, I used Smokin’ Hot four the outer lid V and the deepest part of the crease.
5. With a flat brush, I ran Untamed along the lower and part of the upper lash lines.
If you are looking for a fairly ‘fool-proof’ neutral palette for everyday wear, this one is great! All of the colors are easy to wear and the three darkest shades will quickly convert a daytime look to evening. Really the two bottom rows are all hues that would work well for a deep colored lid or smoked-out, bold lash lines.
And, pictures from one more day experimenting with these eyeshadows:
Other products used in this second set of photos:
- @fentybeauty Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Setting Powder—Butter
- @hauslabs Liquid Eye-Lie-Ner—Punk (this is a ‘go-to’ for me)
- @makeuprevolution eyeliner (waterline)—Nude
- @tartecosmetics #LightsCameraAction mascara
- @benefitcosmetics Precisely, My Brow Pencil—3.5
- @lagirlcosmetics Matt Flat Velvet lipstick—Va Voom!
What eyeshadows are you most reaching for to complete you autumn looks?
Please also visit me on instagram: @givemegorgeousjen