Tarte launched 17 new products from its more affordable sister line, Sugar Rush, in February. All of these brightly packaged items are sold on the tarte site and as an exclusive offering at Ulta. I picked up this Keep Calm, Sunnies On eyeshadow palette of 8 summer-y shades from the Sugar Rush line for just $25.00.
All of the shades are infused with clay to make them longer wearing, although I haven’t found these to stay on as well as tarte’s regular products even with primer and setting spray. However, the shades all work great together and their blend-ability is excellent.
- lemonade—a matte cream (great as an eyelid base and under brow highlight shade)
- summer love—sparkling sand
- spring break—matte tan
- pool party—glistening teal with micro sparkles
- festival—metallic copper with sparkles
- stunna—shimmering burgundy
- pool hop—matte brick red
- retro—matte deep, cool brown
This palette is small (roughly 5.5″ X 3″, with an almost full lid-sized mirror inside and a magnetic closure. It is listed as an “eye & cheek” palette but I think the pans of color are too small to be used with any regularity as highlighter or bronzer.
However, all the shades should work well for any complexion (except maybe the lemonade that virtually vanishes on my skin, lol).
And, because of its size, Keep Calm, Sunnies On will be easy to pack for weekend getaways or stow in my purse for the day and any necessary touch-ups.
I’ve had fun playing with the colors. I like lemonade as an under the brow highlighter, spring break as a lower lash line color, retro as a top lash line color and the more glittery shades for the lid. Pool party can be thrown in the mix for any look to add some extra color. A couple days of using this palette—
- here with pool party on the lower lash line and festival on the lids
- here with spring break and pool hop in the crease, summer love on the lids and retro along the lower lash line
Overall, I think this is a fun little palette and the colors are will definitely have you looking forward to warmer weather.
Stay Chill. Go Gorgeous!