You may have seen my pic of a recent #theBalmCosmetics haul. In case not, here are ALL the items I selected with that recent order:
The order included both of the Balm’s Alternative Rock palettes: Vol. 1 AND Vol. 2. Today I want to show you Alternative Rock Volume 2.
The inside of this palette has a peach colored border and includes 6 triple-milled eyeshadows & 3 eye/face colors—all warm in tones. The magnetic-closure palette is so cute with its record album shaped mirror in the lid and ‘song names’ that all incorporate a mineral or stone (rock) as the color descriptions. If you took geology (which I loved), you will know what I mean. 😉
First, the colors:
6 triple-milled (fine grained and silky soft) eyehadow colors (btw, I’ve linked the ‘rock’ or element in case you are curious or want a refresher):
- “Let Me Zinc About It” —matte, pale cream
- “Don’t Give A Schist” —metallic sheer yellow gold with micro sparkles
- “Sodium Fine” —matte, coffee brown with tons of silver/pink micro sparkles
- “Amirite?” —matte, sheer golden terra cotta
- “As Xenon TV” —metallic copper
- “The Parents Argon” —matte black with smaller than micro silver sparkles
3 larger pans of color can be used as bronzer/blush/highlighter, but can also help complete an eyeshadow look:
- “None Of Your Bismuth” —matte, not at all orange-y, fairly light bronzer or lid crease shade
- “Bare Minium” —warm, medium coral toned blush
- “Nickel Buy You Dinner” —white peach cheek highlight or tear duct/under brow highlight with a golden shift
Here is one look, in detail, that I did with this palette. I used a lot of colors here, more than usual, just to show you the range. Note, I started with a bare face and added foundation, concealer, blush, highlight, mascara, brows after eyeshadow.
Alt Rock Vol. 2 is talc-free, cruelty free and paraben free. It does include mica (sparkles).
If you are one of #theBalmers (a fan of the Balm) and have tried this palette, let me know what you thought. I think that this set is a perfect compact makeup color combo for travel or to tuck in your purse for any touch ups during the day.
lashes: @morphebrushes FLIRT ALERT, lipstick: @morphebrushes matte lipstick in LUST, eyeliner: @wetnwildbeauty black liquid eyeliner
Rock on, Gorgeous!