As we have just entered spring! yay! L’Oreal’s True Match Lumi Glotion may be just what you need to bring out your own sunlight (in anticipation of warmer days around the corner).
I picked up my tube of Glotion at Target for $11.99 USD. Of course you can find L’Oreal products sold at so many places including the L’Oreal site lorealparisusa.com, Ulta and Walmart (to name a few). Prices range from $11.99 to $14.99 in the US.
Key ingredients are glycerin and shea butter, which means that skin is also kept hydrated with this lotion. These two ingredients contribute to the lotion’s ability to impart a lovely dewy surface to skin. Plus, it is dermatologist tested.
L’Oreal’s Glotion comes in four shades (it does contain a subtle tint):
- #901 Fair Glow
- #902 Light Glow
- #903 Medium Glow
- #904 Deep Glow
I chose the color Light Glow to best match my skin tone (my Target was out of the Fair Glow shade when I shopped for this, which I had intended to get as a highlighter). Light Glow works great as an all over face color for me or just on the high points of my face.
That said, there are several ways you can use this luminizer!:
- Over bare skin for a perfected sheer natural look
- Blended in with moisturizer under foundation
- Mixed with foundation
- Strategically placed and blended-out as a highlighter (start by placing three or four dots on the top of each cheek, one dot above the center of top lip, one dot blended down the center of your nose and possibly a few dots on the highest point of your forehead)
Note: For a sun kissed look, buy a darker shade than your complexion to use it more like a bronzer, or all-over lightly tanned look. Even as a bronzer it will also contribute to your skin’s luminosity.
The first time I wore this glow enhancer I wore it all over mixed with my moisturizer. However, that tended to be a bit too much for me, with my naturally oily skin (and I couldn’t bring myself to skip a moisturizer with SPF, in addition). Now, I like to use my light shade of Glotion best as a highlighter rather than all-over the face.
And, if your are totally on-trend, you can add Glotion to your Glass Skin routine (the Korean skincare based method of prepping skin so that pores almost vanish, creating a skin surface as smooth as glass). Here is how I do it with a Glotion step:
- Wash face with a gentle/non-stripping cleanser. *Try Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Aveeno Ultra-Calming Cleanser or Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser.
- Use a gentle exfoliator to slough off dead skin cells and prep skin for moisture. Depending on your skin type, you may not want to do this step every day. I only exfoliate at most 3 times a week. *Try Clinique City Block Purifying Charcoal Clay Mask + Scrub, or Fresh Sugar Face Polish.
- Spritz a facial spray all over face. *Try Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea; or Farmacy Skin Dew. (Ingredients that I look for in this product include aloe, tea tree oil, and/or rose water).
- Then, add Glotion to brighten & calm skin as well as continually hydrate.
I really think Glotion is a great alternative to foundation for a more carefree/beach-y approach (with moisture for your skin too), especially for the coming summer months (or for those who have a tropical beach vacation coming up).
However, it is also a perfect complexion pick-me-up to add to your regular daily makeup routine any time.
If you still have cold weather, (or, heaven forbid, snow!) hang in there—sunshine is coming.
Sending warm thoughts for a gorgeous week!