#BIRCHBOX July 2017 One Two Punch
Hello Gorgeous! Here, I’m reviewing the items I received in July’s Birchbox. This month’s box theme is One-Two Punch, and it’s all about high performing products that will get your beauty routine through summer! These products are supposed to add an extra PUNCH to your summer makeup’s effectiveness.
Here’s what I received!:
- Avene—Cleanance Expert
Cleanance Expert is a lightweight, milky moisture lotion that won a 2015 Allure Breakthrough Award.
I’ve recently converted to several of Avene’s skin care products, and this is another great find.
Clearance Expert moisturizes while mattifying by helping to regulate skin’s oil production. Its focus is to target blackheads, while calming inflammation and redness.
If you have naturally oily skin, like I do, or are battling oily skin due to warmer weather—this is a lifesaver!
- Monolaurm: reduces excess oil
- x-Pressin: a gentle exfoliator
- Diolenyl: visibly reduces breakouts and redness
- Shea Butter: soothes and feeds skin
- Thermal Spring Water: further calms skin
The lotion can be used in the a.m.. and p.m. after washing your face. I like to use it at night, when I don’t need an SPF. And, this thin formula can be layered under a thicker moisturizer if your skin is really in need of extra moisture.
- Beautaniq Beauty—Blush Serum, in Sunrise
Also lightweight in texture, this cream blush (and/or lip color) provides a natural flush. The color Sunrise is a nice light, warm pink.
- apricot fruit extract—promotes skin’s nature moisture balance to soften skin
- vitiman E—nourishes skin
I like using this non-greasy face hue for a quick pop of color. It’s long-wearing and build-able, for a healthy glow that seems to melt into skin. Because it is such a natural shade, you can’t mess up the application—can always blend it out more to get just the right tone. Great for lips as well as cheeks.
- English Laundry—Oxford Bleu Femme, eau de parfum
To me, this scent is a blend of freshly cut lemons, crushed mint and crisp linens. Oxford Bleu FEMME also has hints of vanilla and sandalwood.
This eau de parfum by English Laundry is a lovely, fresh summer perfume!
- Marcelle—3-in-1 Micellar Gel Eye Makeup Remover
Marcelle’s 3-in-1 Micellar Makeup Remover is a clear gel that erases even particularly stubborn, or even waterproof, cosmetics (mascara + lipstick: This means you!).
A gentle multi-tasker, its dual power calms redness and puffiness around eyes as well.
- purlisse—BB Tinted Moist Cream SPF 30, in Medium
Although I received this cream in Medium, it also comes in Light and Deep. Medium, luckily, works well on my olive skin during the summertime, when my face is slightly tanner than usual. Non-greasy, this gel feels feather light on skin. It evens out skin tone and covers imperfections.
Asian Herb Extracts Complex key ingredients:
- Chamomile & Artemisia—soothes skin
- Sugar Maple—retains moisture to make skin glow
- R + Co GEMSTONE Color Shampoo & Conditioner samples
These GEMSTONE Shampoo and Conditioner are made for color-treated hair. They work to protect, nourish and preserve hair color.
- Hibiscus Extract—from Egypt, conditions and softens
- Pea Extract—from India, protects color
- Rice Extract—from Brazil, smoothes hair and maintains moisture
- Golden Root Extracts (in the shampoo only)—from Sweden, provides antioxidant protection to guard against heat styling
Both lather well, smell nice, and leave hair feeling clean and with added body. They do not leave any greasy residue.
I noticed that the Shampoo has usually rated better than the conditioner for this brand. However, these were the only products this month that were in such small quantities (which was a little disappointing), hardly enough for one treatment for my long hair. So, I’m not sure I can quite judge their effectiveness this time around.
Overall, pretty good samples this month! My favorites are the Marcelle eye makeup remover and the Avene Clearance Expert, so far.
Have a gorgeous week!
These are some really good products you got in your subscription box! So jealous! x
Hi! They are a pretty good selection – Birchbox is coming through for me. 😉 Thanks for visiting! Have a gorgeous week.