I came across this beautiful collection of eyeshadow colors on the MAC (Make-up Art Cosmetics) site. The palette was developed in collaboration with American singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer and actress Tinashe as an online exclusive. And, I added a frost lipstick to this order in the color Fluid. The mini False Lashes Extreme was a freebie with the order.
A tidy little palette (3″x 3″ – edge to edge), it contains 9 dark neutral colors. The variety of tones and matte, satin, frost and pearl fusion shades make it easy to create a wide range of looks, for any time of day.
The MAC site says that this is a ‘well-edited’ collection of colors. And, I am happy to see that, although it includes several very light shadows, it also has an essential black veluxe tray (perfect for evenings out an lining eyes for a bold look). Eyeshadow colors/types (by row starting from top row – left to right):
- GLEAM – light copper (lustre)
- MIDNIGHT SUN – shimmering mocha (lustre)
- REVELRY – cool chocolate grey (satin)
- VULNERABLE – pearlized soft mauve (lustre)
- QUARRY – light lilac-grey (matte)
- AMETHYST – medium purple with micro pink glitter (satin)
- FLAME – pale mint with silver shimmer (veluxe pearlfusion)
- ALL HANDS ON DECK – fair moss green shimmer (veluxe pearlfusion)
- BLACK WATER – deep black with micro gold shimmer (veluxe)
I’m very pleased with the lip color FLUID. It’s a gorgeous frost lipstick in a medium pink/purple. With MAC’s wide range of lipstick colors and textures, its always great to add another to my collection.
The False Lashes mascara sample includes a fat brush wand. The jet black (extreme black) mascara formula is mousse textured and is supposed to push lashes up for maximum volume. It coats lashes well and can be built-up for a dramatic look.
Have a gorgeous week!