I’ve been wanting to try Clinique’s new Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer for a while, so and when Macy’s offered a gift with purchase, I thought it was the perfect time to buy it! I purchased ended up getting Beyond Perfecting in the color 2 Alabaster, and a Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in 03 fuller Fig.
Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer is thick enough to cover blemishes and drys slowly enough to blend out for thinner coverage. You can apply it directly with the wand and blend-out with finger tips for the right coverage. The color lasts through sweat and humidity, is lightweight and will not clog pores. I have one of the three lightest colors: alabaster. But it does come in a full range of light to dark skin tones (20 shades to choose from).
Chubby Stick moisturizing lip color balm in broadest berry is a lightweight lip color somewhere between opaque and sheer, with more color than a lipgloss. It is very creamy and moisturizing with mango and shea butters, and perfect if you want a light lip color for day wear. You can release more color up by twisting the sliver bottom of the tube. It comes in 8 color choices, with two limited edition colors: Roundest Raspberry and Grandest Guava.
The gift is great! There were two choices of combinations. The one that I did not select had a different eyeshadow shade array and lipstick color. I got this one, particularly because I preferred the eyeshadow set (the other was all browns). The colorful bag by lulu dk came contained these handy small-sized items:
- Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes and Lips: tug-less, will take off waterproof mascara, and is safe for contact lens wearers. Love this makeup remover! It works even better than the one I have been using for years.
- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+: dermatologist reformulated, best applied 2x a day, and works well for very dry to dry combination skin
- Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum: has 37 patents, helps repair damage like uneven skin tone and works to reduce lines and wrinkles
- High Impact Mascara : adds plushness, plus makes lashes longer and bolder
- Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in the color matte Beauty (a nude pink): is non-drying, non-feathering, full coverage, all with a matte finish. This pink is very light, almost a coral-pink. I don’t think it is the most flattering shade with my complexion, but would work well on someone fairer.
All About Shadow Quad, in color ombre is a coordinated color palette, with long-wearing color. The shadows are creaseproof, fade resistant, and safe for contact lens wearers. I’ve been wearing the green color as an eyeliner for several days and adore the shade. The browns make nice crease colors and the cream looks good over the eye lid. Here are the color names:
- 08 olive in my martini
- 11 night cap
- 03 tarnish gold
- AH ivory bisque
I’ve noticed several Clinique gifts being offered by various companies this fall. Clinique.com also has a fabulous one if you have been eyeing some Clinique products to try.
Wishing everyone a gorgeous weekend!