I don’t regularly receive Glossybox beauty boxes, but noticed this offering of a limited-edition box for net-a-porter.com and loved what they offered. It more than pays for itself because the eyeshadow alone retails for the price of the whole beauty box ($40.00) – the eyeshadows and mascara are what drew me to purchase this.
Packaged in a simple black box tied in ribbon, this collection of samples and full-sized products include many product categories. It includes: NATURA BISSE Diamond White SPF 50 PA+++ OIL FREE brightening cream, KEVYN AUCOIN Eyeshadow Duo No. 206, ELLIS FAAS Mascara E401 – black, KLORANE Gentle Dry Shampoo with oat milk, RGB Cuticle Oil, PHILIP B Oud Royal Gravity-Defying Gel, AVENE Thermal Spring Water Spray, & JOYA Ames Soeurs Roll-On Parfum.
Such a fabulous selection of products!
For the skincare items:
- The brightening cream minimizes dark spots, protects from UVA and UVB rays as well as maintains skin’s moisture levels – It does it all. It has a slight tint and slight ‘makeup’ odor. And, it is not water resistant but great for day use.
- Klorane’s dry shampoo brings hair back to life between washes by taking care of oil and adding body.
- RGB Cuticle oil has a faint, pleasant cucumber smell – made from just 5 ingredients that include myrrh oil, jojoba oil and cucumber essential oil. I had to loosen the bristles of the small applicator brush to pull them apart a bit. My cuticles were noticeably calmed and moisturized.
- The aerosol thermal spring water can be used to refresh skin or set makeup. Made for sensitive skin, it will also work well for sunburn and your guy can borrow it to treat razor burn. It has virtually no smell.
My favorites! – the makeup items:
- A complimentary pair, the eyeshadow duo include a taupe shimmer (seems more silver to me) and a blackened blue shimmer. The blue has much less shimmer than the taupe and is a very dark blue, could pass or black in the right light. I’ve been wearing the silver color as an all over lid color (with a little medium brown in the crease) and it lasts all day – without creasing! I will definitely be looking to add more of these to my arsenal.
- Love the long, sleek silver bullet casing of the mascara. I haven’t had any problems with it running and the narrow wand is perfect for accentuating and building lash length!
- Although I haven’t tired it yet, the hair gel is made to give your style hold as well as gloss and shine. It is recommended for both curly and straight hair.
- And a nice touch, the perfume comes in a tiny roller-ball sample. Its fresh, clean and understatedly feminine with notes of orange blossom and cedarwood.
And – the Bouus! is a little retractable measuring tape in black casing. Perfect for your purse or bag. The box comes with a measurement chart – which I assume is meant come in handy in case you want to order clothes from NET-A-PORTER.COM.